Allow students to choose one of the following articles to read. Provide students with the directions for diving deeper into their reading and the rubric (A Look Inside Scientific Articles handout from Materials).
- Climate Change and Greenland: Where Ice Melt Could Raise Seas by 23 Feet
- Judge Suspends Arctic drilling, orders new environmental report
- Greenland’s Prime Minister Looks on Global Warming’s Bright Side
- Climate assessment warns of dire effects in Alaska
- Arctic Sea Ice Update: The Melt is on, How Low Will It Go?