Have students watch the beginning of the Black Forest Fire as reported by the citizen who called 911 (1:06).
Have students answer the following questions in their science notebook.
- What evidence is shown in the video that a fire is present? What evidence in the video shows the fire has spread?
- What makes this source credible or not credible? Explain.
- Based on this video predict the impact this fire had on the area.
- This fire left a large burn scar. Without looking and using context define, “burn scar”.
- How could this fire, and others of the last decade, be linked to climate change?
Link to video: http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/06/12/video-black-forest-fires-first-911-caller/