Watch episode 4. If you are unable to view episode 4 in its entirety then students will need to watch the following segments to support their learning experience. As students watch each segment have them stop and answer each of the questions below in their science notebook. At the conclusion of all segments, encourage students to add to or modify their thinking.
- Minute 7:40 to 10:15
- What is the goal of the Sierra Club’s, Beyond Coal campaign?
- At the time of filming in 2013, there were 500 coal plants in operation around the country. By 2015, if the campaign reaches its goal, what will the number of retired coal plants be?
- Minute 37:41-40:03
- How did you take Aleqa Hammond’s interview? Surprised? Expected? Explain your response.
- It is important to understand all points of view in a story, a debate, or argument. Why is understanding Greenland’s culture and economy important when drawing conclusions about how they should address climate change?
- Minute 48:40 to 53:07
- Explain the effects volcanic eruptions have throughout the temperature record.
- Explain Dr. Muller’s process of understanding that lead to his jaw-dropping revelation.